Employee Relations Manager (EE / Manufacturing / Automotive) Uitenhage, PE, Eastern Cape
Reference Number: MIM
A leading manufacturing company.
- Strengthen the work environment proposing and implementing motivational programs, social events, and health programs and managing the engagement survey.
- Ensure the progressive discipline is applied in the plant and with all team members with constant communication with union leaders and plant leadership to provide solutions in terms of employee relations.
- Manage and empower the ER team to attend the team member’s needs and provide solutions in terms of payroll, shift patterns and any other issue related to Human Resources. Develop and implement labour relations strategy for plant. Conduct cyclical negotiations and wage/benefit analysis.
- Strengthen the relationship between the Company, team members and Union Leadership, by creating a communication channel that enables the understanding between the parties, with the aim of preserving the common interests and enable solutions that promote wellbeing and the achievement of business objectives.
- Managing the Union Relations tasks from all aspects including legal, labour, internal policies and procedural. Establish regular meetings with the Union for monitoring matters in progress and seeking feedback from leadership to promote a good organizational climate. Act proactively, anticipating opportunities for change before they become obstacles to the organization's strategies.
- Plan meetings between the Company and the Union at different levels, ensuring alignment and exchange of relevant information about the area, division and company. Ensure the resolution of issues and cooperation in resolving conflicts are done in the right time and in the appropriate forum.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Company and Union and present sustainable results.
- Develop leadership by resolving of conflicts and demands.
- Promote team members' engagement, lead the Engagement Survey process and ensure action plan execution.
- Monitor and support initiatives to achieve and keep a positive organizational climate. Design and implement initiatives that promote team member Engagement: events, gifts, special committees and differentiated benefits (flex time, product/service discounts).
- Plant Leadership Team: Alignment of ER objectives with Plant KPI´s and follow-up on Plant needs and Development Programs.
- Plant HR Team: Drive communication, coaching and collaboration between HR functions to ensure delivery of labour or other plant objectives.
- Team members: Communicate objectives and approaches; address team member concerns.
- Team Managers: Support and develop skills in problem solving.
- Community Officials: Relationship building & participation in local activities/programs.
- Labor Board: Keep informed of new reforms and/or changes on labour law and keep track of plant issues.
- Union Managers: Strengthen relationships and good organizational Climate.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skill
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field or an equivalent experience.
- Master's Degree in Management, Human Resources, Psychology or a related field (preferred).
- Min. of 7 to 10 years of generalist experience in Human Resources and Labor/Employee Relations.
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a Union environment and in leading union negotiations.
- Demonstrated, measurable improvements in labour relations.
- Previous working experience within the automotive industry would be an added advantage.
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong leadership and coaching skills (Servant Leader);
- Strong Problem solving skills and mentality;
- Courageous and willing to make decisions;
- Collaborative style and ability to influence;
- Open minded, pro-active and able to drive change;
- High sense of urgency and ability to deal with multiple and/or conflicting priorities;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) at all levels of the organization;
- Strong financial and business acumen;
- Fluent in English
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.