Rock Engineering Specialist (Underground / Chamber of Mines Certified / Quality Control) -South Africa
Reference Number: 25102017AD
Identification of ground conditions with appropriate support recommendation and ensuring compliance to specifications for ground control Strategies. This includes the present development ends.
- Maintaining and reviewing COP’s, GCMP, SWP and Standards
- Supervising SCO’s and Operators, Maintaining MOSH Adoption initiatives, SAP Bookings and Support Design
- Preparing and controlling the section’s annual budget by forecasting operating costs and monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis as well as developing and implementing cost efficiency programs
- Maintaining and improving safety, health and environmental standards and practices
- Conducting investigations, monthly audits and presenting findings regarding incidents to ensure effective problem resolution
- Facilitating monthly safety meetings, Performing training of safety modules, Conducting risk assessments
- BSc Engineering/ BSc Geology/Mathematics/Physics (Hons), B-tech/BSc in Mining Engineering
- Chamber of mines Rock Mechanics certificates (Hard Rock).
- Surface mining experience Advantageous
- Five (5) years in a hard rock underground mining environment(Rock engineering)
- Advanced Computer literacy (MS Office, Map3D, Examined 2D & 3D, J Block and other Geotechnical Software Packages).
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.