Shaft Rock Engineer (Rock Engineering / Metalliferous / Mining / Blasting / Rock Mechanic) – North West, South Africa
Reference Number: 142 2610 MHU
The Shaft Rock Engineer is accountable for the implementation and coordination of rock engineering interventions and processes as well as the application of systems and processes aligned to best practices to optimise safe extraction through advice and support. This position reports directly in to the Rock Engineer Manager.
- Ensure effective Rock Engineering service delivery and support to Mining and Mining Engineering: Effectively monitor and control rock engineering activities
- Ensure adherence to organisational best practice and legislative requirements: Guide and develop practices in line with strata control practices, principles, standardisation requirements and operating standards
- Actively participate in creating a safe mining environment: Provide input into the development of safety standards, processes, policies and procedures
- Maintain effective stakeholder relationships: Build effective relationships through mutual respect and two way communication
- People Management: Ensure team members have an Individual Performance Agreement and Development Plan in place and that it is updated timeously
- Continuous improvement of the Rock Engineering function: Review and analyse the effectiveness of operational rock engineering interventions, systems and processes and conduct regular trend analysis and fault finding
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- NQF 6 (Diploma or Advanced Certificate) or NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) mining related qualification will be advantageous
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience within a metalliferous mining environment, of which between 1 - 3 year should have been in a supervisory
- Mine Overseers Certificate of Competency advantageous
- Chamber of Mines’ Rock Mechanics Certificate
- Blasting Certificate advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.