Our Client is the leading indigenous Nigerian energy services company with diverse but related capabilities in complex oil and gas project delivery during both the Greenfield and brownfield stages of an asset lifecycle.
The range of services offered include full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), or standalone engineering, procurement management, onshore and offshore fabrication, brown field modifications, fabric maintenance, asset maintenance management, ship building and repair, marine services, logistics and the associated base support services.
Key person regarding the commercial, financial, legal, NCD and insurance implications of the projects received for tender across all company business lines. This role will interface with the client on all commercial matters receipt of an enquiry to award (Project initiation) and after award they will be available as consultant to the PMT. This position will require in depth knowledge of clients aligned with the company’s business division) in the area and understanding the clients business and clients goals – especially where they can assist them in achieving them.
Key aims and objectives:
- To establish a robust, repeatable and risk based commercial process for all tenders prior to commitment. This will include setting standards for legal and others.
- To liaise with BD team and ensure alignment with client needs and follow through to contract award in support of BD team to resolve pricing and commercial qualifications.
- To ensure the Red Team review process is fulfilled adequately and that commercial and financial risks and opportunities are clearly communicated prior to award.
- To interface on all bids with Finance Director to ensure that cash flow needs, bonds and PCG are clearly understood and are achievable and that the cumulative exposure of the company, on a probabilistic basis, does not compromise the Company as a going concern
- To interface with legal and NCD team on all bids to ensure standards and compliance are always achieved.
- To interface with their JV Partners where applicable to ensure bids to them are always of the highest integrity and on time.
- Perform Ship repair, Offshore Fabrication and services, develops annual budgets; establishes plant and departmental goals; ensures compliance with all Safety, Quality, Company and Regulatory directives; directs activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling, and quality; manages managers, foremen and office personnel; performs under the administrative direction of a division general manager or other division manager
- Understanding the clients, their business, their strategy and their needs in alignment with the ND BD team
- Ensure a timely response to all clients’ enquiries in support of the Proposals Manager and to ensure that all financial, legal, NCD and commercial issues are addressed in parallel with the workscope offer.
- Assuring compliance of the bidding process and procedures including all quotations and budget proposals in support of the Proposals Manager.
- Ensure detailed technical, commercial and contractual reviews of tender and risks assessment activities are completed and reported to the Red Team at that review
- Coordinate respective department support activities (contract, tax, technical, NCD, finance, including risks & insurances)
- Ensure cash flow and working capital needs are addressed at the pre-offer stage.
- Ensure technical specifications are complete to ensure that the quotation is commercially / technically sound.
- Discuss the work required to be performed by a range of Subcontractors and issue “legally risk free” work orders to them.
- Ensure that an effective “Risk Control” is in place and reviewed for applicability to each contract (Insurance / T & C’s / Liability etc.)
- Ensure the “work done list” is agreed with the client so that the invoice can be raised.
- Oversee all commercial contracts placed on “Professional Service Co.” which are to be used by the company. To ensure that the maximum cost/values are identified and liabilities clarified.
- Identify competitor activity in the region – which would include contracts / rates / clients.
- Build a Database of existing clients with ND BD all contact / vessel information – likewise for potential clients operating in the region but not as yet using the company.
- Bringing outstanding items / issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all 3rd party charges have been included in the final invoice such as (SIMCO / Medical / Transport).
- Taking the lead in the periodic reviews of the company Tariffs
- Ensuring all client concerns / complaints are brought to Management attention immediately.
- To act on own initiative in order to improve the process or projects and inform Management of any suggestions for consideration.
- Attend Periodic Safety meetings as part of ND leadership team.
- Complete various “Internal Projects” assigned to them in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Report unsafe acts / instances requiring discipline to Management without delay.
- Understanding and following the agreed goals and annual targets for the position
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a commercial position for yard or shipyard or other management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, Oil & Gas background.
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard and/or yard management
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint,
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives. Must be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.