Mining Manager (Hardrock / openpit / base metals / contractor management ) – South Africa
Reference Number: 8880111NDS
My client is seeking an experienced Mining Manager for their Open Pit Base Metal operation in Mpumalanga
Reporting into the General Manager you will be responsible for the entire production team and contractor management onsite.
- To oversee legal and environmental compliance (Custodian of Ore Production Legal compliance)
- To oversee Health and safety compliance (enforcing the Mining Sector related Acts)
- To effectively manage the safe extraction of ore and waste whilst ensuring compliance to the provisions of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Minerals Act and related Regulations.
- To effectively manage all contractors within the mining operations.
- Optimise mining operations and continuously improve current practices, methods, equipment and processes in order to exceed current production targets and reduce costs to the company.
- To provide long term strategy for mining operations and coordinate and manage own team, Mining Technical and Mineral Resource disciplines.
- Coordinate the production of life of mine and long term business plans.
- Develop, evaluate and monitor mining operations to ensure the attainment of objectives.
- Monitor compliance to legislation and corporate governance.
- Interpret operational and technical risks and develop risk mitigating systems
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Industry related Degree or Diploma in mine engineering
- Mine Manager Certificate of Competency
- National Certificate in Rock Breaking /Blasting Ticket Underground
- National Honours Degree / MDP/MBA (will be an added advantage
- 10 years operational Mining / Technical discipline experience
- Minimum of 4 years Senior Management experience
- Open pit mining experience (preferably hard rock experience)
- Open pit contracts management of medium to large scale hard rock operations essential
- Medically fit (“Red Ticket”
- Computer literacy & Valid driver's license
Benefits and Contractual information:
- EL Patterson Grading Market Related CTC package
- Relocation assistance is offered to Mpumalanga and 1 month housing assistance
- HDSA candidate encouraged to apply
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.