Designer (Mechanical & Structural / short term contract / Engineering House) – Johannesburg
My client is an international Engineering house with specialism in industrial solutions. They are looking to recruit a Designer on a short term contract for 2 months in their Johannesburg office
- Creating Arrangement and detail drawings to the required standard and specification based on information received from the Engineering Department & the Project Section Leader. This includes the generation of certain conceptual drawings prior to draughting detail drawings.
- Compile accurate material take-offs from said drawings.
- Prepare drawings for checking, squad checking, issue, as per Project Section Leader requirements.
- Various administrative duties related to drawings created & time spent on drawings
- Identify issues in various projects that hinder drawing progress and work with project engineers to prioritize and resolve these.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work closely within a project team to prepare accurate arrangement, and detail drawings of equipment and plants
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum N6 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a drawing office, with thorough knowledge of drawing office standards and procedures, preferably in the Bulk Materials Handling industry. Skills Required
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (e.g. welding symbols, surface finishes, tolerances).
- Understanding of the mechanical design process as applied to bulk materials handling, including machines and conveyors.
- Be familiar with company and industry standards in the draughting and generation of the following drawings and documents for Mechanical and Structural (including conveyors) work
- Conceptual and Design layouts,
- Arrangement and detail drawings,
- Material take offs and general administration
- Understanding the application of quality systems to the design and fabrication process.
- Advanced use of Tekla for structural drawings.
- AutoCAD 2016 (preferable AutoCAD mechanical 2016)
- Knowledge of Creo (ProE) or Inventor would be advantageous
- PDM or PLM systems/ Industrial Solution
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office Suite. Critical Attributes
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Rate on offer is: R350 per hour
- 2 month contract
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.