Port Operations Manager (Port Management / Mining / Maritime Engineering) – Buchanan, Liberia
Reference Number: JAM
A leading international mining company is looking to hire a Port Operations Manager it oversee all operations for the port, including monitoring profit and loss and ensuring an efficient service is provided to all port clients.
- Planning all resources, including finances around a budgetary framework
- Overseeing the ports activities to ensure efficient and cost effective service to all clients, particularly ore from the mine
- Negotiation contracts and service provision with potential clients
- Liaising with staff from stake-holding bodies, council departments and commercial organisations
- Linking with local community bodies to maintain positive working relationship with the surrounding area
- Adapting services and functions in response to changing commercial requirements and developments
- Leading and monitoring adherence to operational standards, rules and regulations, health, safety and environmental and company standards
- Strategic Business Development of the port, including all its functions and infrastructure
- Responsibility for profit and loss of business units
- Overseeing recruitment of staff
- Liaising with all stake holders to plan major events, engineering work and other activities
- Continuous assessment of staff training, and providing pastoral care and support when needed
- Work closely with other departments to ensure smooth functioning of company operations
- Effectively manage the day to day service delivery and continuous improvement against KPIs
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 15 years’ relevant experience in mining or heavy industrial sectors
- International experience advantageous
- Qualifications in Port Management/ Operations, Maritime Civil Engineering or equivalent
Liberian Nationals are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to James Midlane at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.