Superintendent Procurement (Sourcing / Negotiation / Reporting / Supply Chain Policies / Mining) - Liberia
Reference Number: 06112017AD
To lead all aspects of the procurement department with the objective of securing quality goods and services at the lowest possible cost, and adhering to company strategy and corporate standards and requirements in all processes.
- Implement and carry out new and existing Supply Chain strategies to support the growth of the business
- Develop and maintain the company's Supply Chain policies, processes, models and systems
- Manage the operational Procurement function
- Manage a number of critical supply and contract agreements
- Actively plan and meet the material needs and contractual requirements
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers and maintain strong business relationships with them
- Participate in the development of an inventory reduction strategy
- Participate in the implementation of sustainable development policies and procedures;
- Actively participate in and occasionally lead safety meetings and discussions.
- Assist in the development of local suppliers and source quality goods and service providers globally as required by the company
- Identify potential savings opportunities and take appropriate action. Explore these ideas and complete a feasibility study for potential cost savings.
- Continually review every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and brought forward for review.
- Daily and month end reporting to the procurement / supply chain manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement.
- Management Qualification
- Minimum 10 years Procurement experience with at least 5 years at a supervisory level in the mining industry.
- Strong contract negotiating experience
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Liberia.
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Experience in incident/accident investigation
- Liberian Locals encouraged to apply
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.