Jumbo Operator (Drill Rig / Underground / Mining / Operation / Maintenance / Hydraulic ) - India
Reference Number: 7112017AND
A Jumbo operator will be responsible for the operation of a single and / or double boom jumbo drill rig for underground development mining with installation of ground support as per the SSR (Systematic Support Rules).
- Job specific documents e.g. daily maintenance checklist, SOP and importance of the same
- Risk and impact of not following the defined procedures/work instructions
- Escalation matrix for reporting identified problems
- Understanding the cost of equipment and loss for the company that results from damage of equipment
- Analyzing all direct/indirect cost of accidents to the company
- Implications of delays in process to the company
- Locally prepared emergency response /disaster management plan
- Constantly monitor the equipment
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists, and engineers to optimize drill patterns and meters
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum Educational Qualification Class 8
- Have a positive outlook to training the national workforce to safe operating standards.
- Accurately mark-up and drill face as per the drill patterns using a mechanized single and double boom Jumbo.
- Accurately record all required information including prestart and all required tools/accessories information
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control as per the Systematic Support Rule according to site requirements
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plan with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile
- Assure working area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties - including ensuring electrical installations and services are clear of the drilling area.
- He on the job needs to know and understand:
- Specifications of jumbo drilling rig and their specific use.
- Proper use and care of machine and cables, picks, bits, sharpening, shaping etc.
- Specification and details of jumbo drills used in mines
- Instrument panel, various controls their location and operation
- Lubrication of jumbo drilling rig
- Various levers and switches in order to operate the Drill properly
- Different types of drill bits and their uses
- Common terminology vis-à- vis jumbo drilling
- Precautions against rock falls/gas/dust/Fire.
- Routine checks essential before starting operations
- Operation of large Jumbos single/ double boo
- Signage, mining area signs and other safety and emergency signals
- Response to emergencies such as fire, accident, major failure etc.
- Interlocking of drill safety aspects etc.
- Construction and operation of different assemblies and sub-assemblies:
- Operator cabin
- Hydraulic Systems
- Other Mechanical parts
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.