Loader Operator (Sandvik Loader / Atlas Loader / Underground / Mining / Maintenance) – India
Reference Number: 150 0811 MHU
- The client is one of the world’s leading diversified natural resources company. This is an underground zinc mine.
- A Loader operator drives and operates a Loader of capacity 10tn, 17tn, 21tn Sandvik/Atlas loader. Loading materials safely into another type of machinery (such as a dump trucks). In coordination with other crew members the LHD Operator follows job procedures to perform the tasks required in the Mine. He will haul muck or materials as required. Operators are also responsible for performing basic maintenance on the Loader. This job requires the individual to complete it efficiently and effectively without any accidents so diligence and hard work are desired attributes for individuals performing this role.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in underground mining
- Before beginning with the task, clearly understand the dimensions and load carrying capacity of the machine, the work area, weight of the machine as well as the heavy load to ensure safety while in operation, Pre-start checks to ensure the Loader are safe to use
- Introduction to diesel engines, their components and functions, Steering and transmission systems
- Knowledge of wheels, tyres, optimal pressure etc
- Use various audio-visual warning devices available in the machine such as hazard light, horn etc. to alert personnel during all times
- Visual checks to identify damage, defects, cracks or leaks beforehand
- Parts of Loader that need routine lubrication
- Optimal engine oil pressure, radiator coolant temperature etc.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 1 year fixed contract with possibility of an extension
- Accommodation and other benefits provided
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.