Financial Modeller (Financial Analyst / Mining / Forecasting / Financial Models / Budgets) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 153 2111 MHU
The successful candidate will be based at the company’s offices in Johannesburg. The purpose of the job is to develop sound and sustainable financial models, which will form the basis for management decisions.
- Develop financial models for both short term: Annual Budget and long term plans: Life of Mine Model.
- Conduct benchmarking and process analysis with the Operations team and with information sources within the Group in order to refine assumptions and ensure that the output is subject to a sanity check.
- Update and analyse financial data (budgets, income statement, forecasts etc.) on a monthly basis
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risk(s)
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance as well as develop forecast models.
- Identify trends and update the financial model(s) accordingly, based on sound analysis, and actual information, as it gets recorded in the financial management systems
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Proven working experience as a finance analyst/financial modeller.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Experience with mining, financial models will be an added advantage
- Well informed on current financial subjects, accounting, taxation, and if possible mining issues
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to travel to the site, initially 50% of the time, with less over time
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.