Mine Manager (open pit / surface / copper / operations ) – DRC
My client is looking for an experienced Mine Manager to manage all production, operations, personnel in their collective efforts of achieving set production targets and to lead, motivate and support all section heads
- Coordinate special projects
- Manage current contracts
- Develop and implement a production business plan and develop strategic proposals Content
- Manage production, planning and scheduling of mining activities
- Manage process & quality control and conduct production exploration
- Compile and submit reports,
- Risk management, by identifying, mapping mitigation and corrective actions to address
- Compile budgets for production and conduct cost management
- Manage health & safety and manage rehabilitation of the environment
- Support all section heads in the explaining, implementing and maintenance of all strategic goals
- Plan, organise, lead, control and develop subordinates' activities.
- Set goals and objectives for the team. Monitor and provide feedback. Address progressive poor performance.
- Recommend and approve development plans
- Maintain internal and external relations, including the interface with external providers responsible to ensure departmental needs are met and employees are satisfied
- Provide relevant and specialised technical support to applicable stakeholders
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mine engineering
- 10 to 15 years relevant experience of mine engineering and planning in open-pit surface operations
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and vision to develop mineable reserves from the geological resources which exist, maximizing productivity, minimizing unit costs and maximizing earnings
- Exposure to relevant mine planning software packages
- Pit Optimization experience and knowledge
- English/French speaking capability and previous deployments in DRC an advantage
- Experience working in isolated locations within Africa or developing countries necessary
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 1 year contract
- 6/3 roster
- USD tax free salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.