Mine Manager (dry mining / open pit / surface /mineral sands) – West Africa
Reference Number: 9012811NDS
My client is currently seeking an experience Mine Manager for their new Dry Mining project involving the excavation of ore using a fleet of conventional earth moving equipment, which will deliver mineralized ore to a concentrator unit located onsite.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Manage all pre mining, overburden removal, ore mining, tailings embankment construction and rehabilitation execution
- Meets the physicals target by developing systems to review performance & address variances, by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks and by fostering a continuous improvement approach.
- Develop the annual operating cost and capital budget
- Ensure road maintenance across the operations are maintained and in line with the required standard
- Ensures the execution activities for tailings embankment construction are in line with the requirements of the plan
- Clearly define roles, objectives and expectations of all team members
- Ensure actions aligned with objectives and high levels of commitment demonstrated.
- Create a diverse, empowering, collaborative and challenging workplace
- Development and maintenance of a training matrix for the Dry Mining Division
- Accountable for the oversight of machine service contracts and all machine hire contracts
- Ensures equipment availabilities are maintained in line with the requirements of the contract.
- Ensure contractors are held accountable to the scope of work
- Participate in the continual review of production and technical services procedures and make recommendations
- Assist in the development of mining strategies for company held resources by leading participation in the process to raise overall quality of outcome.
- Undertake equipment efficiency studies as required according to the procedures and accepted professional practice.
- Develop annual business plans and quarterly forecasts
- Accountability for achieving budget/forecast targets.
- Act as a lead manager regarding continuous improvement
- A degree in Mining Engineering is preferred
- At least 15 years experience in supervising a large mining fleet
- An internationally recognized Mine/Quarry managers certificate
- Competency in constructing and managing tailings storage facilities
- Demonstrated competence in a senior management role in a major resource environment
- Demonstrated understanding of project management techniques
- Driver’s license essential, and other mobile plant licenses (Dozer, Haul Truck, Excavator) highly regarded
- An ability to work in a high pressure environment and upskill all employees through practical training programs
- The job is characterised by the need for a high degree of practical and technical competence, excellent communication skills and ability to work in and oversee a team.
- The ability to manage multi discipline work flows is crucial within set time frames
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat assignment
- 7/3 roster
- USD tax free salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.