Head of Operations (Shipping / Hinterland / Transport) – Durban, South Africa
Reference Number: GBB
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Operations based in Durban. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for Hinterland Transport as well as managing and negotiate Africa operational procurement costs.
The operations manager will assure the economic and efficient movement of cargo and they will be responsible to resolve claims and negotiate vendor contracts. They represent the company to the operations staff and to vendors and competitors. Must work with urgency.
- Develop and grow Hinterland for Area Africa;
- Day to day management of all hinterland transportations within Area Africa;
- Set up new markets to be operational;
- Drive procurement initiatives for Africa;
- Establish effective vendor relationships and ensure compliance with QEM targets;
- Ensure and monitor adherence to Standard Business Process in Africa;
- Co-ordinate and steer cost accountability for Durban operational group and agencies in Africa;
- Planning movements of containers;
- Solving operations problems and resolving claims;
- Interviewing, screening, and selecting department members;
- Coaching, training, and mentoring operations staff;
- Reviewing and grading vendors’ performance;
- Quoting prices;
- Dealing with over-dimension and hazardous cargo for hinterland;
- Budgeting and controlling costs;
- Representing the company at various meetings;
- Negotiate operational costs.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the shipping industry;
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Assertive negotiator;
- Experience with Container vessel planning, Container Management, Transport Management;
- Team player with a proactive attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure, work with urgency, goal and deadline driven;
- Decision maker;
- Must have a sound integrity;
- FIS Schedule Maintenance;
- Equipment forecast Accuracy;
- Purchase order capture speed and accuracy;
- Turnaround time – MTY equipment.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.