Buyer (CIPS / Procurement / Oil and Gas) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference Number: GBB
An opportunity for a Buyer based in Bellville, Cape Town has become available. This will require the successful candidate to liaison with the company’s technical entities, services participate in the processes of purchasing Goods or Services at the request quality, in due Time and at the best Price/Cost and consist in the performance of the tasks required.
- Handle the reception of Purchase Requisitions (PR) from other Technical Entities
- Receive and analyze PRs coming via the Contracts and Purchase Manager
- Participate to finalizing the Scope of Works or Services with Technical Entities
- Propose the bidder lists according to the nature of the requests
- Prepare the Call for Tenders documents
- Verify the alignment with H3SE clauses, Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation when drafting contractual and commercial terms and conditions
- Ensure the right contractual terms & Conditions (standard, general and financial) are included
- Draft contracts from Company standard contracts
- Send out the dossiers of consultation as per Company procedure and answer to Tenders requests for clarifications
- Open Tenders and dispatch necessary parts to Technical Entities;
- Conduct the contractual and commercial bid analysis and negotiation thereby creating a clear definition of responsibilities and documents together with the Technical Entities;
- Participate with Technical Entities in recommendations to award as per Company’s procedure;
- Monitor the signing process of formal document (Purchase Order or Contract) after getting internal approvals and approvals from authorities and partners, if relevant ;
- Input all contracts data / suppliers data / documents in the contracts and suppliers database ;
- Handover contracts to the contract holder in the Technical entities;
- Ensure timely delivery of the goods or start of the Services as per commitments;
- Clarify discrepancies between material received or Services performed and commitments, if any, with suppliers or contractors in liaison with technical entities;
- Coordinate claims as applicable with the juridical, insurance and financial entities;
- Monitor on-going contracts status, amendments and contract renewal discussions and review supplier’s performance with the Technical entities;
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Contractual documents in conformity to Company standards / checklist and verify that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms etc, are filed in line with the applicable procedures.
- Degree in Procurement / Supply Chain Management;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Contracts Management or Purchasing activities, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry;
- Fully Computer literate (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT);
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) is not a prerequisite but would be encouraged;
- Problem solver;
- Safety orientated.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.