Operations Manager (Mining/ Senior Management / Open Pit) – West Africa
Reference Number: OPSMGMT-VG
The main purpose of this role is to design and manage strategies and systems to ensure optimum production, mine planning, ore recovery, grade quality and processing plant performance, to enable the business to meet its short and long term mining objectives. Lead a team of mine operations staff and provide support to the Continuous Improvement function to ensure an integrated, high quality and proactive continuous improvement process.
- Carry out a daily Safety Audit.
- Develop the strategic operating plan and production budget.
- Plan the future direction of the management of the Mine Operations
- Provide direction, leadership and resources to all section managers and supervisors.
- Ensure the ongoing use and development of the Mining Management Operating System.
- Assist in development of the Mining Planning time cycles and content.
- Continually improve operational productivity across the business.
- Ensure operational targets are met, costs are minimised and all adverse variations are reported and remedied.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services.
- Investigate, assess and where appropriate, trial new technology, keeping abreast of industry developments.
- Be visible in the workplace.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A recognised Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Mining, Geology or similar discipline
- Management Qualification would be beneficial
- 15 to 20 years of experience in the open pit mining industry
- A minimum of 7 years in leadership roles such as Mine Manager or Chief Mining Engineer in large mining operations
- Prior experience in similar roles in Africa and demonstrated positive outcomes will be an advantage.
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.