Senior Training Officer (mining) – South Africa
Reference Number: 9110202NDS
My client is currently seeking an experienced Training Officer to be accountable for the planning, development and delivery of training interventions in accordance with legislative requirements and standards to ensure a competent workforce on their mine. Main purpose of the role is to ensure moderation and assessment interactions take place in accordance with the legislative requirements
- Assist with the implementation of change management to drive transformation and optimisation
- Identify and recommend initiatives aimed at eliminating waste, improved productivity and reduce operating costs
- Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks.
- Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members.
- Control and assess Quality Management within scope of work to ensure standard adherences.
- Implement compliance requirements and communicate compliance changes.
- Provide input into sub-functional planning.
- Interpret approved operational plans. Determine how resources and processes must be utilised / applied to achieve the objectives.
- Plan, coordinate and manage training needs, standards and interventions in accordance with legislative, national and industry standards / requirements.
- Liaise with Line Management within a Section to align training with operational requirements.
- Evaluate training material to ensure that the changes in legislation, SOP, COP and related changes are incorporated accordingly.
- Assist line managers and employees with general queries and advice on HRD related topics.
- Act as a represent of the Operational Standards Committee, participate and implement training & safety decisions.
- Identify training gaps and needs using a variety of data.
- Compile training catalogue each year for the following year’s training.
- Liaise with relevant department and standard generating bodies to understand technology developments and its impact on training needs.
- Ensure compliance to ISO requirements regarding the date and usage of material.
- Conduct inspections on training sections regarding compliance to all legislative requirements.
- Manage and maintain the upkeep of the simulators.
- Participate in people development initiatives such as performance management, succession planning, talent management etc. to ensure team performance meet required standards.
- Leading by example - high levels of performance through planning, scheduling and supervision of activities within a process or service.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices level 5 Diploma
- Blasting Certificate for scheduled mines / Certificate Trade Test
- Certificate Shift Supervisor / Foreman
- Registered Moderator / Assessor with MQA
- Certificate: Grade 12
- Valid code B/EB driver’s licence
- SABPP Registration
- Coaching skills, Self-leadership, Conflict management, Safety management, Team development skills, Giving Instructions, Managing relationships, Assertiveness
- IT skills: Microsoft Office, Signify, SharePoint, Oracle, JDE, Isometrix
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Relocation necessary (minesite based)
- Only South African citizens and permit holders will be considered
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.