Financial Manager (Finance / Mining / Brownfields / Forecasting / Budgets / Controls / ERP) – West Africa
Reference Number: 175 0902 MHU
A global client operating in West Africa has a vacancy for a Financial Manager. The successful incumbent will report directly in to the Project Director. The key functions will be tight controls, forecasting, ERP, budgets and cost analysis.
- Proactive engagement with various stakeholder to assist for analyzing the cost, optimization of cost and improving OEE including but not limited to: Mine cost controlling, rail cost controlling, port cost controlling
- Compile cost data for preparation of annual budgets including estimates of standard cost increases for the following year
- Assist in calculation of cost savings for budget and measurement of actual savings
- Analyze variance accounts each month and prepare reports
- Co-ordinate the various departmental and external inputs and complete the required finance adjustments to ensure a robust and consistent process is delivered
- To support the development of effective business relationships between finance staff and service professionals
- Actively contribute to site safety policy and new initiatives and implement change.
- Develop and maintain a departmental structure that adheres to the company’s policies, enables teamwork and personal development.
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to all department employees, with specific attention to National and Local employees.
- Review capital requirements for department items, to meet long term objectives of the Company
- Key major business challenges to address and drive: With resources and systems available to ensure effective financial Costing, management of audits and scheduled financial reviews, successful development and implementation of annual budget, ensure adherence to compliance issues
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, an additional Management Qualification advantageous
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, at least 5 years in a manager position
- Must have previous experience with a mining client in a remote location in Africa, ideally West Africa
- Fluent in English, good understanding of French advantageous
- Must have strong ERP knowledge
- Must be able to handle pressure well as it is a demanding environment
- Brownfields experience advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat position
- 9/3 roster
- Competitive USD salary package
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.