With over 18 years of operational and strategic excellence, our client is a leader in the import, distribution and manufacture of fast moving consumer goods. Established since 1997, they have earned distinguished success and presence in the Angolan market with a wide ranging portfolio representing leading global brands like Alpro Soya, Brittania Biscuits, Smilde Foods margarine and Spritex from Denka. In addition they distribute and market a range of their own private label brands. Their extensive infrastructure includes large warehouses, all strategically located in the capital Luanda and its surrounding provinces, various distribution facilities under continuous expansion and a modern tissue converting factory specializing in hygiene tissue production.
Develop the department’s strategy and goals in liaison with the GM as per the CEO’s vision and guidelines.
Responsible for the monitoring and continuously improving the sales process for each sales channel.
Responsible for the proper implementation of coverage and distribution strategy for all company products in the marketplace. Monitor and follow up on daily, weekly sales across all channels. Responsible for the P&L of commercial department. The successor would start at their possible soonest and will have a reporting line to the General Manager, line managers include the commercial team. Salary budget set at a max of 84 000 USD per annum.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monitoring and continuously improving the sales process for each sales channel.
- Organise and lead all commercial sub-divisions to ensure the company’s financial, strategic, and commercial targets are being met.
- Oversee all commercial activities including sales points, distribution, marketing, sales, stock planning, purchasing (locally and externally), and R&D, to ensure company objectives are being met.
- Keep abreast with market trends and conditions by spending ample time per week in the market place (both in the modern trade and traditional market sectors) in order to provide strategic advice to the GM and upper management, as well as identifying potential business opportunities for the company.
- Ensure trade receivables across all sales channels are continuously collected, are remaining in line with company policy, and allowed timelines.
- Provide support to channel managers in enhancing relationships with existing and potential key customers across all sales channels.
- Promote business performance of the company by increasing geographic reach, brand sales, brand recognition, and market share in line with company objectives.
- Promote employee performance through smart management of motivation and morale, promoting teamwork and strong working relationships, and boosting communication within teams as well as across departments.
- Set KPI’s for commercial sub-divisions; including the development of incentive programs in liaison with CFO, Group HR (and approval of CEO), in order to effectively carry out company targets and objectives.
Key performance indicators
- P&L: Financial results of the commercial department based on targets set with CEO and GM.
- Cash collection ratio based on company policy and targets.
- Success rate of brand and product objectives as set in accordance with company vision and strategy. (Market share, brand recognition, activation across different channels).
- The standards of conduct throughout the sales processes of all channels on all levels. (As recorded with customer feedback methods)
- The effectiveness in maintaining and enhancing the company’s name and image. (Company initiatives, programs, CSR)
- Staff management (performance, morale, motivation, and career development).
- Loyalty & devotion to the company (As per HR reviews).
Education & Experience Required:
- BA in Business or Marketing or related field or Equivalent to 10 years of commercial experience.
- Business Proficiency in Portuguese and English.
- Proficient knowledge of all the key commercial players in Angola.
- Must be fluent in English and Portuguese.
- Locals take preference, however the following will also be considered - Portuguese national or a Portuguese national currently based in RSA.
- Must be young and dynamic professional
Highly developed in the following areas:
- Wholesale & distribution business models for FMCG and food products.
- FMCG Experience.
- Capacity building and department organisation.
- Pricing strategies and mechanisms
- Commercial management within a similar FMCG & food products wholesale & distribution
- Team building
- Patience, Team work & cooperation
- Self-management & Results oriented