Apprentice Technical Trainer (Training / Diesel Mechanic / Assessor / Moderator / Facilitator) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 189 0903 MHU
The main duties of the successful incumbent is training needs analysis, programme design and development, training delivery, assessment and learning environment support. They will be looking after and training the Diesel Mechanics within the company.
- Plan activities that meets the learning objectives using various methods of delivery
- Plan and develop theoretical and practical technical training for apprentices
- Develop training material and training schedule as well as theoretical and practical assessments
- Research and enhance/develop Company specific training programs and material
- Ensure that apprentices are prepared for their trade test
- Mentor and coach all apprentices form first year until completion.
- Liaise with the Training Administrator in compiling training evaluation feedback reports
- Conduct safety checks of tools, equipment and facilities and report findings
- Assist mentors in understanding apprentice programme
- Conduct assessment and/or moderation of learners and ensure that the learning is appropriately recorded
- Participate actively in the recruitment and induction programme for new apprentices
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide on the job and off the job coaching to apprentices in order to improve business performance
- Participate in effective planning and implementation of the apprentice programme
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and make the necessary changes in training material and/or training delivery methods
- Participate in learning and development related meetings and interactions as a business partner throughout the BU
- Update existing or develop new course material
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12
- NQF Level 4, or National Trade Test
- Section 28 trade tested Artisan, appointed after RPL completed.
- Ideally targeting candidates from an Auto-Electrical/Diesel Mechanic, Heavy Earthmoving Equipment background
- Registered Facilitator, Assessor or Moderator
- Working experience as a Qualified Artisan
- Working experience as a Qualified Facilitator/ Assessor
- Knowledge of Training Environment
- Minimum: Volvo Product Knowledge
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.