Senior Associate Regional Counsel EMEA (Legal / Bar / French / Common Law / Civil Law) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 190 1203 MHU
Our client is a global equipment supplier and they have a vacancy for a Senior Associate Regional Counsel EMEA to be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate shall demonstrate leadership and proactive thinking on both commercial and legal matters to support the business needs by: delivering results in a fast-paced environment; demonstrating an ability to dive deep and simplify complex legal issues; and providing sound commercial and legal judgment. The successful candidate will report directly in to the Regional General Counsel who is based in Geneva.
- Advise the regional management team on strategic legal matters, and monitor changes in law and regulations
- Manage outside counsels in several jurisdictions across the region
- Draft and negotiate various kind of commercial agreements to support the Drilling Services and Products activities
- Implement highest corporate governance practices for the regional entities portfolio by: reporting on annual legal obligations internally with the finance and tax teams; coordinating directors and shareholders’ meetings; drafting & recording meetings minutes; defining proper archiving procedures and local registrations processes in country; supporting simplification projects and restructuring initiatives; providing assistance to the US headquarters for the drafting of intercompany documentation
- Provide support to regional counsel for the management and oversight of employment and commercial disputes across multiple jurisdictions. Manage and report regularly on risks associated to each claims. Define dispute management tactics & strategies in coordination with the business teams.
- Promote and enforce legal and ethical compliance obligations within the company and externally.
- Prepare and deliver training to employees on company policies in various sectors such as Anti Bribery, Trade compliance, Anti-money laundering
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Masters’ degree in law and good understanding of common law and civil law systems
- A minimum of 8 years post qualification experience in private practice in a leading law firm and/or as in-house counsel role, in a multinational environment
- Outstanding communication and legal writing skills in both English and French
- Admission to the South African Bar Association or another European Bar
- Thorough understanding of the legal landscape in European & African markets
- Strong contractual drafting and negotiation expertise
- Logical and quick thinker, with a clear and concise communication style with internal clients
- Known for displaying the highest level of integrity and for inspiring trust by his/her team, peers and leadership team
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Respond openly and flexibly to change
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Travel within Africa and Europe may be required
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.