Mine Manager (french / open pit / surface / mining / engineer) – South Pacific
Reference Number: 9252603NDS
My client is currently seeking an experienced fluent French speaking Mine Manager for their opencast Mining project in New Caledonia.
- Manage all opencast mining operations, strategic decisions, local staff, budgets, HSE and production
- Meets the physicals target by developing systems to review performance & address variances, by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks and by fostering a continuous improvement approach.
- Develop the annual operating cost and capital budget
- Create a diverse, empowering, collaborative and challenging workplace managing local unions
- Development and maintenance of training for the Mining Division
- Accountable for the oversight of machine service contracts and all machine hire contracts
- Ensures equipment availabilities are maintained in line with the requirements of the contract.
- Ensure contractors are held accountable to the scope of work
- Participate in the continual review of production and technical services procedures and make recommendations
- Assist in the development of mining strategies for company held resources by leading participation in the process to raise overall quality of outcome.
- Develop annual business plans and quarterly forecasts
- Accountability for achieving budget/forecast targets.
- Act as a lead manager regarding continuous improvement
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Fluency in French is essential
- A masters in Mining Engineering / Geology /or mineral processing is a MUST for work permits
- At least 10 - 15 years experience in surface mine operations, (at least 5 years in a senior management /strategic position)
- Driver’s license essential
- The job is characterised by the need for a high degree of practical and technical competence, excellent communication skills and ability to work in and oversee a team.
- The ability to manage multi discipline work flows is crucial within set time frames
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent local contract
- Residential status , relocation essential
- Housing and car and provided
- Families welcome, French school of international level
- Local salary taxed at 10%
- 1 flight home per annum
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.