Commercial Manager (French / Mining Operations / Financial Governance / Financial Controls) – DRC
Reference Number: VG-lb
Provide the highest level of site commercial expertise to the Mine operations, by effectively partnering with local management teams and Group functions to produce ongoing, meaningful costing, forecasts, budgets and life of asset plans. This role is accountable for all in country tax matters and for increasing project returns, managing risk and providing commercial input into contracts.
- Support business development initiatives in DRC
- Ensure the site maintains an up to date life of asset plan which effectively models options to extend the life of mine and includes appropriate closure plans.
- Understand, scrutinise, interpret and communicate financial results to facilitate better decision making.
- Co-ordinate and manage the annual business planning, budgeting and forecasting cycles.
- Ensure an effective risk management process.
- Stewardship and management of site capital program, working capital and fixed assets including disposal of assets.
- Support the tax team to maximise the tax position of the business.
- Champion exploitation of IT systems and Plan to Manage Processes.
- Act as the site treasury focal point including forecasting and managing domestic liquidity in line with Treasury guidelines.
- Oversee a program of business improvement opportunities that improve profitability and cash flow.
- Ensure implementation of internal audit recommendations as well as overall improvement of internal controls.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- French and English – fluent spoken and written
- 15 years’ experience in operational mining
- Knowledge of life of mine planning, general mine planning and operational matters.
- International experience (Preferably multiple countries within Africa).
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) or equivalent qualification and 15 years commercial/finance experience
- International MBA/post graduate qualifications and SAP ERP Knowledge will be advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.