Occupational Hygienist ( Mining / HSE / NNR / CoM ) – KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Reference Number: GAS0012
To anticipate, identify and evaluate occupational health hazards, allocate levels of risk and communicate control measure recommendations.
- Identify and appraise hazardous conditions and practices and scope & action occupational hygiene development requirements.
- Develop risk control methods, procedures and programs.
- Analyse and interpret results, determine the company Occupational Hygiene risk profile and recommend control systems.
- Design and implement monitoring methodology and programs on occupational hygiene risks, and evaluate, analyse, and interpret the results.
- Liaise with the Department of Mineral Resources, Chamber of Mines on Occupational Hygiene matters
- Communicate risk control information
- Assume appointment of designated Occupational Hygienist in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act
- HSE training delivered as per the training schedule
- Good understanding of RT HSEQ processes
- Specialised HSE competencies
- Employee compliance to safety standards
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Natural Sciences or equivalent
- 5 years in operational occupational hygiene (served prior to registration as Occupational Hygienist)
- NNR certified RPO would be advantageous.
- Registration with SA Institute for Occupational Hygienists as an Occupational Hygienist
- CoM Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environment Control
- EB driver’s License
- Computer skills (MS Office), SAP knowledge advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed judgement, reasoning and decision-making skills
- Analytical / problem-solving skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Relocation required if not from the area
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.