Senior Process Engineer- (Flotation / separation / slurry / metallurgy) – West Africa
Reference Number: 9281604NDS
My client is seeking an experience expatriate to provide process engineering and metallurgical advice in order to maximise production capability and process efficiencies on their Mineral processing plant / minesite in West Africa
- Measure and monitor process plant operations and accurately determine performance variances.
- Maximise asset effectiveness through the provision of operating parameters to correct, maintain or improve process plant performance
- Provide metallurgical and engineering input into troubleshooting operational problems
- Provide technical design specifications and operating limits for new, modified or existing process plant and equipment installations
- Convey constraints and limitations of existing unit operations based on sound engineering fundamentals and comprehensive study of duty requirements
- Maintain a safe workplace by ensuring all activities comply with company occupational EH&S policies and all relevant statutory regulations and standards.
- Actively promote and develop the site “Standard Operations” platform; a system of work that seeks to normalise process operations management, control and response.
- Regularly review and update Standard Operating Parameters.
- Regularly review and update the Metallurgical and Process Engineering Work Plan.
- Review and update plant PFDs, P&IDs, recovery matrices, product specifications and product SDSs.
- Conduct monthly production reconciliations to determine variance between the mine production model and actual production metrics.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improved process capability.
- Develop process design and upgrade scopes for treatment of future ore deposits.
- Complete quick-win projects that deliver improved process capability or feedstock treatment.
- Apply commercial rigour in all proposals.
- Improve the skills of team members by providing basic technical training and guidance on experimental design, analytical methodologies, tools and systems of work.
- Communicate effectively with Site personnel on technical and related issues to enhance process understanding and achieve buy-in and ownership on initiatives.
- Ensure product quality outcomes are predicted accurately, sampled correctly, monitored and analysed using appropriate statistical methods and achieved.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- BE, BSc or equivalent in Process, Chemical, Minerals or Metallurgical Engineering, Metallurgy or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in mining or mineral processing operations with flotation experience advantageous.
- Experience working in Africa as an expatriate is essential
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with measuring and modelling physical separation systems.
- A demonstrated ability to reconcile sensitivities and errors in determining the performance of unit operations.
- Strong Excel skills, in particular for constructing mass balances and process models.
- Competent in analysis and design of materials handling systems, in particular slurry pumping.
- Competent with combustion systems duty specification, operation and control, in particular liquid fuelled systems.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate positon
- Roster: 7 weeks on 3 weeks off
- USD Market Related salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.