Business Controller (Reporting / Forecasts / SAP / Controlling / Accounting / Construction) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 204 0305 MHU
The Business Controller is a critical member of the finance team, working closely with both business line managers and the finance community in our client’s global organisation, to improve the performance of the business as a whole. The role has a particular forward looking emphasis, identifying and enhancing key business drivers, finding efficiencies and working toward streamlining processes, as opposed to historical data reporting. The role reports to the HOD of the Controlling, Accounting and Reporting department.
- Performance controlling: Controlling (monitoring, analyzing and forecasting) of the performance of the dedicated Business Lines. Monthly review and recalculation of percentage of completion calculations on contracts in terms of group definitions and IFRS. Analyse monthly cost centre reports and compare to budgets, follow up on queries and request creditors’ clerks to make corrections.
- Functional controlling: Controlling (monitoring, analyzing and forecasting) of the performance of respective group functions. This includes utilisation controlling and investment controlling.
- Planning and forecasting: Monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis between actual, budget and forecast. Development and preparation of a detailed annual budget and midterm planning.
- General reporting: Preparation and submission of reports in terms of internal reporting requirements and group financial policies. Preparation of the regular Performance Dialogue. Monthly reconciliation between statutory accounts and group reporting preparing and keeping record of respective journals;
- Fulfilling any other reporting requirements (requested by management or the group)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B Comm (Hons) or CIMA
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong knowledge of SAP and group consolidation reporting tools
- 3-5 years financial experience of which at least 2 years spent in a controlling/financial analyst role in a large corporate environment, preferably in the Engineering or Construction sector
- Must be able to work independently but also well as a team member
- Advanced understanding of the structure of general ledger accounts, complex cost centres and segmental reporting;
- Advanced understanding of cost accounting principles
- Advanced understanding of accounting for construction contracts and projects
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 18 month fixed term contract
- May require long hours
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.