Drill & Blast Superintendent (Gold / Load & Haul / French / Open-Pit / Surpac) – West Africa
Reference Number: 17052018AND
My client is a contract miner servicing a successful open-pit gold mine in french speaking West Africa. They are looking to employ an experience Drill & Blast Superintendent to join their international team onsite.
- Reporting to the contractor Project Superintendent and Project Manager you will oversee the Drill & blasting onsite ensuring efficient mine operations
- Mining is carried out using a conventional drill, blast, load and haul surface mining method currently with four drill rigs on site, but will be expanding to a total of seven.
- You will play an important lead in the drill & blast department consisting of 56 personnel
- Ensure that mining production targets, schedules and priorities for the Mining teams are safely achieved.
- Plan, organize and control mine activities.
- Collaborate with the Mine Technical, Maintenance, and owner teams to efficiently execute mine plans.
- Engage and lead the mine operating teams in a Zero Harm, open communication, and continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure employees have a clear understanding of work objectives and expectations of performance levels.
- Ensure that direct reports are provided with the training required for their current tasks and future needs.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Technical Diploma or certificate in a related field or equivalent experience
- 5- 10years experience in an opencast mining environment – drilling and blasting /load and haul
- Computer literate (surpac advantageous)
- Fluency in English (French advantageous)
- Previous experience working as an expat in Africa is essential
- Solid understanding of open pit mining practices and equipment capabilities
- Valid passport and medically fit
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Open - ended Expatriate contract
- Roster is 9 weeks on, and 3 weeks off.
- Accommodation, food and economy class flights paid for
- USD tax free salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.