Reference Number: 207 1705 MHU
The Senior Manager Health, Safety and Training is responsible for managing all health, safety and training aspects associated with the Project during the execution phase. The role will cover a large geographical footprint, which includes multiple underground and surface projects, personnel, plant and equipment, contractors, subcontractors and consultants. With the ability to leverage off key relationships by managing and working closely with an EPCM contractor and the owners operations team to ensure a seamless transition from project to operations. An understanding of both projects and operations is required, as the project will be executed under a phased delivery approach. This is a key senior leadership team role, and requires extensive Health, Safety and Training project and operational experience.
- Strategic: Support the Project Director and Management team in all, health, and safety matters. With the support of EPCM contractor develop and implement project safety management plan and procedures. Develop one overall system for construction, refurbishment scope to effectively integrate and manage health, safety and training.
- Culture: Create a site wide culture and lead a team where health and safety is the first value
- Personnel: Build team capability, recruit and develop appropriately capable and personnel to successfully deliver health, safety and training project outcomes. Develop and enable superintendents to effectively manage processes, workgroups, contractors, assets and other resources for which they are accountable.
- Emergency response: Identify reasonably foreseeable medical and emergency response scenarios including evacuation.
- Training: Manage overall project training requirements. Manage verification of competency process, and the storage of training records to ensure efficient reporting and compliance is demonstrated.
- Permitting and Approvals: Mange Permitting and Approvals process, confined space, working at heights, heavy lifts etc.
- Reporting and Documentation: Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, produce accurate and timely reports that clearly convey the status of safety including site performance against planned performance and KPI’s.
- Audit and Controls: Provide advice to the project in identifying controls and utilizing the “hierarchy of control” principles.
- Meetings, Reviews and Communication: Chair regular safety management meetings, maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and ensure follow up actions are completed.
- Risk Management: Identify and address potential health and safety related design and construction risks and communicating potential risks to stakeholders in a timely manner
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline
- At least 10 years’ experience as project and operational safety manager with an extensive multi-disciplined project and operational experience in mining field
- Extensive safety management experience at a senior level on mega-projects, taking them into operational stage
- Broad range of leadership, managerial and technical skills relevant to the provision of maintenance services
Benefits and Contractual information: