Sales Executive (Trucks / Heavy Commercial Vehicles / Transport Management / Sales) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference Number: 212 0106 MHU
To identify, establish and grow all potential truck sales within the assigned region, with the main sales focus, but not limited to the Extra Heavy truck market segment, requiring focused sales effort for the DAF Truck range of products. Reports directly into the Sales Manager.
- Work directly with the Sales and Operations MD to develop product strategy and growth plans for the Company’s Transport Solutions
- Responsible for the achievement of agreed sales targets and business plans
- Grow and develop the Truck sales business through the identified market segments. Including but not limited to direct selling through identified channels.
- Assist in the selection and specification of Trucks to meet customer specifications. Work alongside the technical manager to ensure the proposals prepared with quotation and tender documents are in line with customer requirements.
- Continue to develop Trucks sales application knowledge to help foster long-term relationships with key decision makers in the Truck market.
- Track and report sales as well as financial performance for truck sales
- Liaise with the financial institutions to facilitate the requirements that are needed to apply for customer finance packages.
- Negotiate with Body builders, Hydraulic suppliers and trailer manufactures to ensure we obtain the correct specification and commercial proposal.
- Once the truck is sold ensure the correct paper work is issued to the various departments to prepare the vehicles for customer delivery. On delivery to the customer ensure that the Hand-Over is done in accordance with DAF Trucks N.V standard.
- Keep abreast with DAF E-Campus on line training system ensuring each module is completed within the agreed time frame
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Marketing and Sales management Diploma
- Beneficial but not essential – Diploma in Transport Management
- Minimum of 3 years Extra Heavy Commercial Vehicle sales
- Candidate must have a great track record and a customer base in the industry
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Commission plus other benefits
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.