Technical Process Plant Manager (Process Plant / Solvent Extraction and Electrowinning / Mining / Metallurgical / Chemical / FI
Reference Number: LIB028
The Technical Process Plant Manager is responsible for all technical aspects of the process plant, with the objective being to improve the technical performance of the circuits through the identification of gaps on the process plant and addressing those gaps with specific projects
- Ensure technical difficulties are managed with a sense of urgency and pragmatic business sense.
- Lead the development and implementation of production improvement initiatives to provide bottom line benefits to the operation.
- Liaise with the Maintenance team to eliminate unnecessary downtime and improve plant availability and plant overall utilisation.
- Assist in enhancing production goals whilst ensuring plant integrity and promoting safe operating practices within the area of responsibility.
- Assist with the evaluation of production and technical projects to maximize equipment life, products quality and consistent plant performance within budget constraints.
- Liaise with the Technical Services team for optimum plant monitoring, materials accounting and process control.
- Manage the 24/7 operations shift teams, ensuring operations are undertaken in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner considering business objectives, housekeeping, environmental and Occupational Health and Safety requirements and regulations.
- Champion the production improvement initiatives and programs and ensure that the plant area achieves an elevated level of compliance with the target KPI’s and budgets.
- Manage production teams and technical resources to ensure plant operational efficiency and reagent are within operational budget.
- Contribute to the Process-Production department budget and forecast processes.
- Ensure accurate area inputs into the section metallurgical accounting systems, detailed production reporting and unit cost analysis, staff development and operator training programs and timely performance reporting are undertaken to the required schedules.
- Input into the budget process and production physicals scheduling for SX/EW processing sections
- Assist with execution of plant surveys, chemical analysis and technical improvement research projects.
- Lead steering committee related to the development of a new water treatment and Cobalt recover plant
- Lead and manage the sustaining capital development projects related to the Process Production department
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 7 – 15 years' experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in copper sx/ew (Solvent Extraction and Electrowinning) plants
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience working in Central Africa would be advantageous
- Design Knowledge of flowsheet design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Sound Chemistry knowledge and understanding of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications related to the recovery of both Copper and Cobalt.
- Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective production of product.
- Sound Plant Operations Knowledge and understanding of the plant operations chemistry and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo
- Including uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate contract
- USD Net salary
- FIFO 6/2 roster
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.