Plant Manager (Wind / Energy / Operations) – De Aar, South Africa
Reference Number: ZAS
The Plant Manager is to act as the site supervisor and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of two Wind Energy Facilities around De Aar in the Northern Cape. The Plant Manager will ensure that the O&M Personnel and any contractors site personnel perform maintenance responsibilities as specified. The Plant Manager will also supervise contractors in providing maintenance of equipment as and when required. The Plant Manager will be responsible for ensuring plant operations and coordinating with all relevant parties.
- Ensure that all plant activities are carried out in compliance with HSE regulations, policies and procedures;
- Ensure that objectives are fulfilled, such as plants performance target;
- Liaise with Eskom for all related works, including but not limited to claims, dispatching;
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholder, such as owners, lenders, local community;
- Liaise with insurance company in case of any claims happen;
- Liaise with Management regarding all plant activity and development;
- Manage and Supervise site technical and administrative personnel and any contractors working at site;
- Head up operation of the plant’s wind turbines and control systems, including operating the plant’s medium and high voltage circuit breakers/switchgear/equipment;
- Planning, supervision execution of all maintenance work including parts purchasing, equipment repairs, and inventory management;
- Prepare specific maintenance tenders, evaluates bids, shortlist contractors and negotiate necessary contracts;
- Ensure all compliance to O&M Contractual obligations to the Employer;
- Manage Site Security;
- Prepare plant reports including daily and weekly production reports, as per the requirement of the Contractual obligations of the Operator;
- Maintain the plant’s O&M and administrative procedures consistent with overall company policies and guidelines;
- Supervise any plant improvements, projects or expansions.
- Electrical engineering, BSc. Eng, B Tech (or equivalent);
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience of which a minimum of five (5) should be in operations and maintenance in power generation or similar industrial plant;
- Ideally experienced in wind turbine power generation;
- 5 years’ managerial experience;
- A strong contract background preparing maintenance reports, evaluating performance results, compiling and maintaining maintenance schedules, administering maintenance contractors and managing of contractors is a must;
- Preferably a Pr. Eng. and ideally hold a Government Certificate of Competency (GCC) ticket or equivalent;
- Knowledge of and experience with plant SCADA process control systems;
- Experience with operation and maintenance of medium voltage switchgear and circuit breakers, protective relay systems, high voltage transformers and high voltage switching, and hold the required Certification and Authorizations as required by law;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with HV electrical safety procedures and general power plant safety procedures, and all applicable legal requirements;
- Experience with environmental requirements and practices;
- Able to work at heights of up to 100m without assistance.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.