Roaming Drill Rig Mechanic (Boart Longyear / Epiroc / Atlas Copco / Surface Drills) – Gauteng
Reference Number: 891-1207LH
Our client, a drilling services providing operating in Africa, is seeking a Roaming Drilling Rig Mechanic with a background in surface drill rigs to join their team based out of Gauteng.
- Travelling to clients in South Africa and Africa for repairs and maintenance of drill rigs.
- Forecasting parts required and ensuring inventory availability.
- Preparing equipment for new sites including mobilizing and demobilizing.
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Test or similar qualification.
- French communication skills highly advantageous.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience on surface drill rigs such as Boart Longyear, Epiroc and Atlas Copco.
- 5 years’ previous experience on Boart Longyear LF90 drills.
- Experience in compressors, boosters, pumps etc.
- Well-versed in hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Previous expatriate experience in Africa advantageous.
- Experience mentoring and training culturally diverse teams essential.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Based out of Gauteng with extensive travel in South Africa and Africa.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.