Senior Mining Engineer (Mining / Planning / Openpit / Bulk Commodities) – Sierra Leone, West Africa
Reference Number: 231 2407 MHU
Reporting to the Chief Mining Engineer, the Senior Mining Engineer responsible for managing the short to long term planning functions and systems for the Company and to optimise the mine operational planning and implementation strategy. Additionally, the Senior Mining Engineer shall provide day-to-day management of its direct reports including performance management and career development.
- Perform annual Strategic Planning and high level scheduling and scenario analysis using the mine planning optimisation and scheduling tools
- Produce the annual detailed Life of Mine Budget Schedule. Provide data and information to site Management to support plans which have been generated
- Co-ordinate inputs from Geology, Processing, Mining and Business Senior Staff/Management as required for annual Block Model Optimization and pit shell selection and strategic scenarios as required
- Provide 24 month rolling schedules on a 3 month basis to ensure that capital development is sufficiently advanced to meet future production targets
- Incorporate all relevant regulations and statutory requirements into plans and designs to minimise company risk exposure and liabilities
- Contribute to overall business improvement and profitability by implementing efficiency plans and cost reduction plans where possible within the department whilst supporting organisational objectives and achievement of set targets
- Provide guidance, coaching and technical assistance and support to the Mining team.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team to identify areas requiring improvement and implement training and coaching measures to ensure employees receive sufficient training enabling them to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mining Engineering from recognized University
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in open pit mine planning environment, preferable in bulk commodities such as iron ore and bauxite
- Use of Mining Software (Including GEMS, Surpac, Minesched, Whittle)
- Ability to reflect on what is occurring in order to identify trends and diagnose emerging problems, proactively initiating actions to prevent or overcome problems identified
- Ability to manage a technical department and liaise with peers in other sections
- Contract Mining Management experience very essential
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract
- 9/3 roster
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.