Technical Services Manager (Engineering / Mine Planning / Survey / Laboratory / Geology & Exploration) – West Africa
Reference Number: LIB024
Our Client is seeking a Technical Services Manager, to provide leadership and manage the provision of technical expertise services required to ensure the delivery of set mining operation objectives.
- Provide professional support to the site operations to ensure optimal mining and processing activities.
- Coordinate the activities of professional site services personnel and take personal ownership for any technical reports and recommendations issued.
- Take personal accountability for the ownership of geotechnical audit results and rectifying actions as reported.
- Ensure the development of short-term mining and tailings backfill schedules.
- Provide a rolling 12-month production forecast for Operations with all technical inputs verified and endorsed.
- Ensure standardisation and documentation of; Survey, Mine Planning, Geology & Exploration and Laboratory processes.
- Liaise with other technical departments to ensure product quality and recovery issues are addressed.
- Provide technical input into all major projects and expansions in the project pipeline.
- Liaise with off-site Mine Planning Team in the development of long-term plans.
- Ensure the Technical Services function is providing a level of service in line with customer expectations.
- Ensure compliance with Mines & Minerals Operational Regulations
- Ensure compliance with regulations associated with an Environmental Impact License
- Ensure all activities are performed with the objective of compliance to all regulatory requirements and licenses
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years’ related experience in the provision of technical services to a large mining operation;
- High level computer literacy in mine planning software in particular Minemap, Datamine, Surpac, FPC, ArcView and other relevant software as necessary;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the work methods and techniques applied in Project Management ;
- Demonstrated understanding of mineral separation techniques and engineering processes;
- Work experience in West Africa - advantageous;
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate 2 year contract
- USD Net salary
- Flights and accommodation included
- FIFO 7/3 roster
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.