Senior Planner (Projects / Master Schedule / Primavera / Open Pit / Underground) – West Africa
The senior planner will lead the project planning function, specifically compiling and leading the Master Schedule process.
This role is responsible for overseeing and implementing a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities and the integration of Contractor, and third-party schedules into the overall Project master schedule.
- Responsible for the setup, implementation, maintenance and management of the baseline project master schedule and performance baseline to our clients Planning and Scheduling standards.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Primavera planning system.
- Support the Project Management team, by providing accurate and timely planning information, such as progress and productivity updates, critical path, near critical path, variance analysis and corrective actions to support decision making processes.
- Conduct schedule analysis utilising resource loading and levelling, S curves and histograms to ensure schedules are attainable and realistic.
- Attend weekly and monthly progress meetings and reviews with both client and contractors. Maintain accurate meeting records, agreed actions, and ensure follow up actions are completed.
- Recruit and supervise supporting roles in the project planning area.
- Oversee planning and scheduling resources to ensure adequate information and support is provided to the senior management team to make informed and timely decisions.
- Provide appropriate training and guidance where necessary to ensure data quality and integrity is maintained and converted into information to support timely decision making.
- Mentor and develop planning personnel, to raise planning competency, knowledge and promote best practice planning techniques.
- Support a planning culture where continuous improvement in performance is valued.
- Implement schedule controls including float management, earned value and critical path analysis, with a well-defined, objective progress measurement regime.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an operational readiness schedule for the Engineering and Processing team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Recognised tertiary or trade qualification
- Extensive engineering and Construction planning experience.
- 10-15 years’ major projects planning experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lead or senior planning and scheduling role on a major project.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of project management principles, with advanced knowledge of planning principles.
- Knowledge of planning tools and systems including risk and scenario modelling.
- Knowledge of related project controls functions specifically planning and control, progress measurement, change control and reporting principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency expert Primavera P6 software user.
- Strong Excel data manipulation and sanitisation skills
- Experience in large complex resources projects within Africa, specifically West Africa. (Desirable)
- Exposure to mining projects with both surface and underground components. (Desirable)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.