Logistics Superintendent (Mining / Import Logistics / Operational Planning / Cost Control) – West Africa
Reference Number: LIB032
Our Client is seeking a Logistics Superintendent, to provide effective supervision and leadership to reach the required materials availability and KPI performances at their Mine site in West Africa.
- Ensure compliance of all operations within HSE procedures and best practises.
- Daily supervision, leadership and operational planning of all logistical related matters to ensure continuous operations.
- Devise operational procedures for the Import Logistics Chain
- Logistics administration and documentation process management.
- Manage Freight Forwarder contractor
- Performance management of contractor and subordinates
- Daily reporting on incidents and activities and immediate reporting of serious incidents.
- Overview and input into purchasing and procurement within the department.
- Development and management of section budget and cost control
- Mentoring and professional development of all staff towards international standards.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ten years of relevant supervisory or management experience within the logistics industry.
- Tertiary Diploma in Logistics & Transport.
- Accomplished and proven leadership skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong ability to plan, control and organise.
- Sensible and logical approach to conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Pragmatic and flexible leadership style
- ‘Can do’ attitude, adaptable and responsible approach.
- Ability to communicate well with both individuals and groups ranging from senior management and colleagues to local dignitaries and workers.
- Competent computer and communications equipment knowledge.
- Experience of operating in remote sites and developing countries.
- Recognised Logistics and/or road construction industry qualifications would be advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate contract
- USD Net salary
- FIFO 9/3 roster
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.