Debtors Controller (Creditors / Syspro / CGIC) – Durban, South Africa
Reference Number: GBB
An exciting opportunity for a Debtors Controllerr based in Durban. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions. Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Implement credit control procedures: Ensure that all customer credit application forms, CGIC cover applications and internal credit limit application forms are completed. Assist the Export Co-ordinators (Logistics department) when this is required;
- Debt collection follow up: Review and circulate the Debtor Market Report every 2 weeks. Along with the Financial Director, meet with the Business Development Managers every two weeks to review their proposed action plans on all due debts. Forward all accounts with a debt that is overdue by more than 60 days to the Executive Sales Manager and the Managing Director for discussion with the Business Development Manager during their weekly meetings. Issue statements on a monthly basis. Follow up on a handed-over debts. Might be a requirement to speak to Debtors to help collect Debt;
- Debtors - clerical function: Prepare interest invoices & recoup invoices for various items ie: commission receivable, freight recovery, and any additional charges. Relieve Debtors clerk when the need arises;
- Agency Sales and Commission Receivables: Calculate agency sales and claiming commission from suppliers;
- CGIC: Administration of Credit Guarantee formalities and policy requirements.
- Need to have completed a formal course in Credit control;
- 3-5 years working experience in the debtors and credit control department;
- Working knowledge of CGIC;
- Working knowledge of Syspro system;
- Intermediate knowledge of excel.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.