Paramedic (Remote Site / Mining / Expat) – DRC
Reference Number: JAM
My client is currently seeking to employ an expatriate Paramedic for their remote mine operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Manage the provision of emergency and critical patient care services for the mine operations
- Provide advice on the development and implementation of emergency patient management service
- Manage the development of emergency patient management skills of the Clinic staff
- Ensuring value accretive and emergency patient care improvement opportunities identified.
- The most demanding aspect of the role is to improve emergency patient management skills and use of applicable equipment within the staff of the clinic
- You will be responsible for the provision of 24hr per day coverage during the scheduled rotation (on call after hours)
- The role requires the Paramedic to respond to, assess and manage patients, transport them to a health facility for ongoing care if necessary or arrange alternative referral, treatment or care options.
- Emergency management of the unconscious patient, cardiac arrest, asthma, anaphylaxis, burns, narcotic overdose, chest pain, acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema (ACPO), hypoglycaemia, pain control (using narcotics), seizures, traumatic brain injury, spinal injury, abnormalities of ventilation, neurovascular incidents & hypovoleami.
- Use of a range of medications (S4 and S8)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring and interpretation
- Management of patients across the lifespan including obstetric emergencies and childbirth
- Use of a stretcher and other patient movement device
- Emergency driving, management and triage
- Extrication and basic rescue
- Airway management using OPA and LMA equipment and techniques
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Paramedic or Health Science (or equivalent) and completion of an internship program
- A minimum of 5 years in an active Paramedic role, with a demonstrated work history.
- Experience in working in rural and/or mining operations or similar (In Africa)
- Current certification/accreditation of clinical skills
- Current driving licence
- Physically fit
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.