Operations Superintendent (Maritime / ISPS / Cargo) – Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reference Number: ZAS
My client has an exciting and challenging position available in the Maritime Sector. The company is looking to secure the permanent services of an experienced Operations Superintendent to join the growing Port Elizabeth office. If you feel that you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity that is both lucrative and challenging, then this might be what you have been waiting for.
- Operational attendance, attending to husbandry matters and port clearances for non-liner vessels;
- Co-ordinate the cargo operation (loading and or discharge) of vessel’s and appoint service providers, tally, stevedores etc;
- Ensuring a smooth turnaround of vessels and reporting on cargo operations;
- Good understanding of Port and Terminal regulations and operating guidelines;
- Ensuring all relevant requirements is met such as ISPS clearance and Free Pratique etc;
- Preparation of relevant documentation, supervising and co-ordinating of all service providers prior to and during vessel’s port stay;
- Authorising supplier’s invoices and expediting vessel’s disbursement accounts;
- Liaison with all service providers, shippers and or receivers on an ongoing basis;
- Formulate estimate disbursements for various vessel & cargo types and calling for funds prior to vessel’s arrival;
- Keeping principals’ updated daily and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Ensure ETA notices are sent to all concerned parties in accordance with the TOG’s.
- Relevant industry-related training and / or a relevant course in the maritime field (i.e. Foundation Diploma – Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers);
- Minimum Matric / Grade 12;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience;
- Knowledge and experience of the following vessel types / callers – Off Port Limits; Bunkers; Tankers; General cargo; Break Bulk & Dry bulk;
- Passenger Liner and Foreign Navy experience would be highly advantageous.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Oil & Gas Team Manager
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.