Support Services Manager (Mining / Corporate Governance / HR / CSR / HSE / Compliance) - Central Africa
To provide strategic leadership, guidance and support to the client to ensure it has an effective corporate governance framework that complies with legislative requirements and promotes business excellence, with in the human resources, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health and Safety and Compliance disciplines.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for the overall creation and development, and maintenance of an effective Environment Health Safety and Sustainability program for the organization.
- Ensure safety, environmental and social compliance to DRC legislation and IFC standards by building effective working relationships with all stakeholders including regulatory bodies, government groups, civil society, local communities and the general public to enhance the company’s reputation and manage any risks.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Manage corporate risk within the DRC, which includes preparing appropriate budgets and staffing, with the support of the board and the General Manager, deliver security and profitability through the management of corporate risk
- Operate and Oversee with consideration for profit, human resource, environment, health and safety and the community to ensure conformance with sustainability foresight.
- Oversight and control of all statuary and government relations ensuring appropriate compliance, through timely notice to the General Manager or the board which ever applicable or both.
- Liaison with all levels of Government, Ministries and authorities to obtain approvals and provide insight for effective and efficient operations, ensuring such liaisons and engagements
- Present timely and regular update reports to the BoD’s
- Direct and coordinate the DRC Legal function with group and local legal counsel and agents
- Manage all local media and where directed act as a spokesperson for the company
- Assist with feasibility and strategic work and the development of the Mine development
Benefits and Contractual information:
- LLB or equivalent
- Worked in French speaking Africa
- Familiar with OHADA regulations and labour law
- Fluent French and English
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.