Hydraulic Design Engineer (Water / Project Manager / Portuguese Speaking) – Maputo, Mozambique
Reference Number: GBB
Our client in the civil engineering sector is looking for a Portuguese speaking Hydraulic Design Engineer to join their team based in Maputo, Mozambique
- Participate on project teams and represent the hydraulic engineering discipline.
- Coordinate the work of other hydraulic designers and consultants on large projects.
- Responsible for management and delivery of water supply project, water distribution networks, recycled water and wastewater collection system modeling, water resource management and planning projects.
- Perform a variety of design tasks in multiple elements of civil engineering with an emphasis in site/civil, stream channels, culverts, bridges, and storm water management systems while also working on complex hydraulic and storm water management design projects driven by current regulatory requirements, water quality regulations, and permits.
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using various computer models such as EPANET, HEC-RAS,
- Recommend design alternatives and complete design solutions for projects.
- Provide final plans, specifications and estimates for hydraulic and hydrology water project.
- Act as project manager for consultant contracts, including developing scope of work, consultant selection and negotiation.
- Mentor other professional designers, engineers, and technicians.
- Coordinate with peers to ensure that hydraulic design policies and standards are current and appropriate.
- Provide quality control review of the hydraulic design and details of minor to complex projects prepared by other engineers.
- Provide technical assistance to designers related to hydraulic engineering design and detailing.
- Master’s degree with 10 years’ experience in hydrology, hydraulic engineering principles and design methods.
- Experience using hydraulic and civil design software.
- Experience performing hydraulic designs for highly complex projects.
- Experience working in a senior or lead engineering designer role.
- Experience as a project manager for consultant contracts.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese will be an advantage
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Oil & Gas Team Manager
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.