HOD Commercial Project Management (Mining / Contracts / FIDIC / NEC / Tenders / Financial) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 247 2809 MHU
Our client is a top international engineering company who offer industrial solutions to numerous different industries. The successful candidate will have to lead the commercial project management (CPM) function, including the commercial input into tenders; the commercial execution of projects; commercial claims management; the planning, controlling and reporting of project costs, contract values and project results; the management of commercial aspects of client contracts and subcontracts, management of insurance, management of compliance, the primary legal (LEX) interface and the management of any other relevant corporate interfaces. They will report directly in to the CFO.
- Support during bidding phase: Analyze the commercial aspects of a customer request to tender and provide key commercial and financial inputs for a competitive offer. Draw up a strategy and identify key issues for association with business partners. Evaluate the commercial and financial risks of the proposed bid and recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Commercial Execution: Take complete responsibility for the commercial execution of contracts. Provide necessary support to procurement by vetting the purchase orders and sub-contracts to ensure that terms and conditions thereof are synchronized with the main contract. Manage the administration of claims with customers, insurance companies and other parties involved in the execution of a contract. Monitor constantly the commercial risks during execution of contract and pro-actively initiate risk mitigation measures
- Project Cost Control: Manage and control the planning, controlling and reporting of project costs, contract values and project results. Responsible for ensuring that invoicing to the customers are completed according to contractual milestones. Optimise the planning of cash flow for projects and develop suitable cash flow templates and tools.
- Corporate Functions: Assist the local business lines with the legal interface to the relevant Company BU LEX representatives during the bid/tender phase to qualify terms and conditions and to finalize contractual agreements. Manage the legal interface with Company NoE Legal (LEX) during project execution as required for contractual notifications, claims and legal advice. Ensure that compliance scans are conducted on new vendors and that any sales/business development agents/partners are vetted through the business partner compliance process.
- Staff Management: Direct management and control of staff in the department. Assess and report on Staff Performance, conduct Performance Management reviews and interventions. Ensure that activities are completed and managed in accordance with project plan
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in commercial, accounting or financial management or equivalent
- At least 8 years relevant experience in the international contracting business especially with regard to project commercial execution / contract administration and controlling
- At least 2 years’ experience in leading teams and/or managing staff
- Extensive experience with NEC and/or FIDIC based contracts
- Proven track record in managing engineering projects preferably in the petrochemical or mining industry
- Strong knowledge of contract law, drafting contracts, supplier contract management, client communications etc
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.