Supply Chain Executive (Mining / Contracts / Logistics / Procurement / Warehousing / Exports / Imports) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 250 0410 MHU
Our client is a junior mining company with operations in Central Africa. The main duties are to develop and execute strategies to optimize and manage Cost of Sales through an annual sourcing plan managed by the Source to Contract/Category Management section, productivity optimization with ordering of goods/services by the Procurement section, effective Warehousing and Inventory control, exporting from DRC and in-bound logistics by the Materials Management section, clearing of all inbound products and the clearing and logistics of all finished products in/out of the DRC by the Logistics & Clearing section, whilst ensuring service delivery to all internal customers in the DRC by the Site Supply Chain Managers and supported departments by ensuring delivery of goods and services to the Company.
- Establish and maintain enabling processes, systems, and practices to supply effective and efficient procurement services
- Ensure the execution of commodities on Site against agreed Contract conditions and Service Level Agreements with Key Performance Indicators
- Engage with senior management during decision making and ensure execution of all key supplier agreements and commercial relationships. Evaluate processes and procedures and ongoing collaboration with top management to improve supply chain efficiency. Monthly status and progress reporting
- Manage all transactions across the Company which results in creating a liability resulting in Cost of Sales
- Lead initiatives to optimize cost from local supply purchases and guide the Procurement Manager in setting a strategy for executing orders in the most efficient manner
- Supplier evaluation and due diligence. Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure timely payments of invoices
- Manage all master data required to manage all Supply Chain processes including Vendors. Manage total stockholding. Manage turnaround time and deliveries to Sites.
- Manage item classifications centrally.
- Manage export and logistics to and from the DRC.
- Manage all import and clearing of inbound product and outbound product
- Conform to existing policies and procedures to ensure best practices exist in terms of warehousing, minimize and eliminate risks and fraud, theft
- Evaluation of clearing and forwarding agents in the DRC to ensuring a seamless and constant supply of material, components and equipment to and from Site
- Manage the addressable spend in Cost of Sales by sourcing contracts to ensure most competitive scenarios
- Manage strategic supplier engagements and continued quarterly service level agreement reviews between the Contractor/Supplier and Sites
- Conduct market research to continually assess cost competitiveness and market trends to manage existing supplier contracts
- Contain costs through price increases negotiations to ensure that costs are contained below budget escalation
- Liaise with Supply Chain Manager to drive sourcing strategies to ensure implementation and realization of cost reduction opportunities identified
- Ensure business unit compliance with negotiated contracts
- Revisit and review technical specifications and scope of work to explore optimal commercial models
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Engineering and/or Supply Chain and/or Finance/Business Management/Logistics
- Post graduate degree/MBA advantageous
- At least 10 years of mining experience across multiple commodities, in a senior Supply Chain or Procurement role with responsibility across the functional areas of the Supply Chain
- Extensive experience in Africa supply environments
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining sourcing strategies and systems development
- In-depth knowledge of best practice Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Warehousing, Internal Customer engagement and People management
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Will involve frequent travel to the DRC
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.