VP Construction (TSF / Underground Infrastructure / Surface Infrastructure / Process Plant) – West Africa
The VP - Construction Manager will manage the engineering, procurement and construction of the fixed assets in an efficient, safe, and cost effective within the approved budgets and schedule. The project scope of work includes the construction of tailings storage facility, Pastefill plant, underground and surface infrastructure in addition to the processing plant. The role will be supported by the EP contractor.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Execution of the construction activities in accordance with the Project safety management plan and consistent with our clients systems and standards.
- Ongoing review and update of the Project Safety Management Plan for the different phases of the Project.
- Manage the Safety interface between the construction contractors, refurbishment and operations teams.
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements under applicable law
- Execution of the construction activities in accordance with the conditions of State and Federal project approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Establish the Construction team, capable of supporting the role holder in executing the project
- Recruit and appoint people to role in accordance with company policies and localisation objectives.
- Support the Senior Engineering Manager to prepare and execute training and development plans for the Engineering teams that are seconded into the Construction team.
- Manage construction contractors and subcontractors for the Project.
- Execute Construction activities in compliance with the site Industrial Relations strategy for the project, so that the construction activities are executed in harmony and without disruption.
- Review and approve detailed design for the Project scope of works.
- Implement Project Execution Plan and schedule consistent with the Project scope or works including demolishing, underground infrastructure refurbishment and construction of new facilities.
- Delivery consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Construct the surface plant and infrastructure, underground plant and infrastructure consistent with the detailed Project Execution Plan and in accordance with the approved budget and time frames
- Construction Contractor and sub-contractor management.
- Redevelopment including demolition, refurbishment of old facilities and the construction of new facilities.
- Establish and operate all temporary facilities required to support the construction activities of the project.
- Detailed testing plans, dry and wet commissioning plans and handover plans
- Dry and wet commissioning and hand over to the operating team
- Preparation of manuals, records and drawings to be handed over to the operating team.
- Execute the construction activities of the project within the approved budget.
- Review and recommend actions for all construction claims from contractors and sub-contractors.
- Minimise, review and recommend scope changes.
- Tertiary degree in Building Science or Engineering
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- A highly experienced mechanical/maintenance engineer with 15+ years’ experience in Mineral Processing plant construction and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in mining underground and surface infrastructure development
- Strong construction competencies (estimating, scheduling, structural principles and practices, mechanical and electrical systems, construction contracting, materials, methods and equipment
- Sound project management skills.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery
- Demonstrated ability for project delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical, to management to the Executive.
- Contract position – 2-year renewable
- FIFO or Residential
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.