Africa Country Manager (Policy / NGO / Education / Proposal) Northern Nigeria
Our client seeks a Country Manager to support an existing academic endeavor and explore further opportunities in Nigeria. The position will likely be based in Abuja with frequent trips to surrounding Northern Nigerian states.
Our client consists of a global network of academics who specialize in conducting randomised evaluations of social policies/programmes to generate scientific evidence about what works in the fight against poverty. The organisations policy group analyses and disseminates research results and builds partnerships with policymakers to ensure that policy is driven by evidence, and effective programmes are scaled up.
Across the continent there is great excitement about the potential for this intervention to improve learning outcomes in Africa. The company pilots and scale ups have been launched in over five countries.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to be part of global community who are committed to improving the learning outcomes of children in Africa, to lead the efforts in Nigeria, and to work on the forefront of evidence-based policy making and implementation.
- Support ongoing implementation of pilot in Maiduguri, Borno State
- Coordinate partners
- Strengthen monitoring systems
- Work with teams in Nigeria to adjust and refine the programme in line with existing evidence and findings from monitoring data
- Ensure that helpful lessons about implementation design and pedagogical approach are collected, synthesized, utilized and communicated
- Help develop post-pilot strategy
- Provide programme management support
- Scope for new opportunities
- Maintain expertise in both organization evidence as well as international recognized approach
- Identify policy priorities for Northern Nigerian states
- Assess company feasibility and appropriateness
- Forge partnerships
- Catalyze and support new pilots where appropriate
- Track and manage policy budgets
- Fundraise as necessary to support new projects/ programmes
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum requirements: A Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Education, Management or Economics or another similar social science.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience
- Advanced writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience, including hiring, training, and management of staff
- Experience organizing, managing and presenting at events which discuss policy lessons
- Experience writing and managing budgets
- Proven ability to handle multiple diverse assignments at one time, successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines while conducting high-quality work
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently and flexibly to support policy outreach, scoping research and training events.
- Experience doing policy work in a range of countries and in Nigeria is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify new, high-value opportunities and mobilize both internal and external stakeholders towards working together on the given objective.
- Experience leading policy outreach including strategically identifying and mobilizing appropriate policymakers, and developing and maintaining these relationships
- Experience fundraising and writing fundraising proposals
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, particularly in supporting government data management systems
- Programme management experience
- Duration: long term – Perm
- Salary: Neg.
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Start Date: ASAP
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.