Drive the companies’ compliance Tax policy and local tax requirements. Identify and monitor emerging tax issues in countries of operations and in countries where the Group has a presence through other legal entities. Ensures tax compliance for these countries. Oversee, mentor and coordinate the local tax teams.
Identify, monitor, report and propose mitigation action plans for tax risks. Group Tax strategy development and implementation. Work with the commercial contracts owners on all tax aspects regarding to contractual T&Cs. Work with the corporate finance team on operational, legal and treasury structures in terms of tax impacts
Help with statutory and compliance reporting as needed.
Our client operates across 18 different countries providing products and services for retail, commercial, aviation and marine.
- Define and formalize the Group tax framework and risk management / tax optimization strategies (policies, procedures, etc.)
- Effectively manage the taxes of the African operations in line with the tax framework
- Tax Reporting and Compliance (direct and indirect taxes)
- Tax support to regional business and operations, regulatory watch and lobbying, local tax planning, effective tax rate management, follow-up of tax advisory costs
- Review Transfer pricing policy at global, regional and local level; prepare local transfer pricing policies and documentation where required
- Tax risks identification, management and reporting
- Audit Defense and follow-up of customs duties/excise taxes claims
- Management of the corporate tax compliance process of global, regional and country entities in conjunction with regional and country finance and tax personnel. This includes all aspects of the compliance process: including preparation and submission of tax returns, monitoring of tax payments and management of tax audits and disputes.
- Oversee the indirect and payroll tax compliance within the region
- Oversee industry specifics taxes
- Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of the tax compliance management systems
- Design and Implement appropriate controls and systems to improve transfer pricing compliance at the global, regional and country level, including management of local tax filing positions and transfer pricing audit disputes.
- Take responsibility for local tax accounting within the region and to coach country A&F managers to improve the quality of their local tax accounting.
- Provide tax inputs and review tax disclosures, notably deferred tax, support to Group tax during the year end reporting and IFRS consolidation process. Assist with “Tax proof” and other required notes preparation and review for the Consolidated and local financial statements.
- Provide tax support to transformation projects, including the transition to tax shared services in-house or outsourced as appropriate.
- Define selection criteria for external advisors. Manages the relationship with external advisors in respect of contractual relationship and tax services at country or cross-borders level.
- Provide tax support to the Corporate Departments and business teams at Global, Regional and local level in relation to global, regional and country level projects as required, including;
- Downstream funding: intercompany loans, quasi-equity, equity structuring
- Repatriation of surplus cash
- Elimination of surplus legal entities
- Legal restructuring
- Commercial contracts
- Acquisitions & Disposals
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum requirements: A Master’s Degree in relevant field
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in a similar role within a global organization
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience, including hiring, training, and management of staff
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Excellent communication with all levels in the organization (corporate, sector, business, units), tenacious and resilient, shaping and driving change, ability to persuade and influence a diverse population
- Teambuilding of community
- Able to work comfortably and effectively across organization lines
- Able to take many opinions and ideas and formulate solutions acceptable to several stakeholders
- Continuously manage and develop our people
- Attract, select and promote talent from diverse countries and backgrounds
- Develop our own successors and talent pools for key positions
- Create an environment which allows people to learn from the experience and mistakes
- Reward efforts and performance, and have the courage to address difficult situations
- Leverage and nurture the energy of the organization
Care for People
- Ensure / provide a safe and healthy environment for our people
- Encourage / listen to / take into account new perspective and innovative ideas given by the others
- Recognize and respect differences as a competitive strength
- Treat others fairly and consistently
- Consider each employee as an individual
- Ensure our employees know the behaviors we expect from them and our ways of working
Teamwork and Accountability
- Build effective teams
- Ensure the team(s) know what the objectives are.
- Take responsibility for their decisions and actions
- Do what we say (and say what we do)
- Encourage positive conflict and debate within the team when issues / disagreements are raised
- Represent and support decisions once they are made by the team(s)
- Together, show a high level of energy and commitment for achieving, and acting with a sense of urgency.
- Act as a role model for the team(s)
- Remove obstacles for the team(s)
- Readily share credit and give opportunity for visibility for people
- Discourage “we vs they” thinking
Communication / Transparency
- Make clear and augment the importance of the objectives to both individuals and groups
- Share information when we receive it so that the others are empowered and can make sound decisions
- Give transparent and objective feedback directly to people about their work and behavior
- Communicate and celebrate successes
- Seek for, and listen carefully to, input and feedback
- Bring out issues openly
- Written and spoken English and French
- Duration: long term – Perm
- Salary: Market related, included in the monthly salary will be medical insurance and annual air ticket home
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Start Date: At the earliest
- Reporting to: Accounting and Finance Head