CFO (Mining / Senior Management / Finance / Accounting / Corporate / Coal / EXCO) – USA, North America
Reference Number: 255 1710 MHU
Our client is a top international mining client. Main duties include: Establish accounting systems and processes applicable to all the AMP operations. Assessment and design internal controls over financial reporting. Knowledge and management of the fiscal and monetary regime in the USA and the state of WV. The role will have critical interface with corporate finance functions such as Treasury, Tax, Financial Reporting and Internal Audit. The role will also require periodic interaction with executive-level management. Assume full responsibilities for the coaching, development and mentoring of the Finance team.
- Provide leadership to the Finance team to ensure the development of a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of budgeted Department KPIs and that employees achieve their full potential by gaining new skills through the provision of effective mentoring and training programs.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of systems to provide management with accurate and timely financial and operations records, information and advice to optimise management of costs and revenue.
- Lead the annual development of both the Operating and Capital budget, including manpower, to ensure compliance with established company parameters and timelines and provide line management with monthly reports on their respective cost performance (Actual v/s Budget) through the calendar year.
- To provide key financial information, analysis and advice to the Management Team and Corporate Finance and Human Resources. Financial reporting as required by all stakeholders
- Build a “best-in-class” finance team focused on serving customers and delivering results, while minimizing bureaucratic systems and controls. This should include a strong emphasis on leadership development and building succession depth
- Ensure compliance with financial evaluation indicators, controlled and associate corporate indicators, through SOX Compliance and Tax guidelines, as well as financial plans
- Participate in preparation and status reporting, including government reports liaising with government officials tracking MDA conditions
- Investigate, assess and where appropriate, trial new technology, keeping abreast of industry developments
- Review departmental expenditure on a monthly basis and ensure all variances to budget are investigated and explained
- Review and monitor all department safety, service level and financial performance indicators and initiate corrective action where necessary.
- Develop and maintain a departmental structure that adheres to Company policies, enables teamwork and personal development while focusing on the achievement of results
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to all department employees
- Develop a succession plan for direct reports roles
- Review capital requirements for department items, to meet long term objectives of the Company.
- Review departmental expenditure on a monthly basis and ensure all variances to budget are investigated, explained and corrective action
- Deliver reports to the CEO on agreed performance indicators and to agreed standard and schedule
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited university
- Managerial qualification and/or CA qualification advantageous
- Minimum of 15 years financial experience of which 5 to 7 years would have been spent in handling financial and corporate affairs of a listed company in a managerial capacity, preferably in a mining related industry
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams of highly skilled and experienced personnel having diverse cultural backgrounds
- Seeks to engage with all people associated with the Operations and to understand, learn from and share cultural differences
- Previous experience working within the coal mining industry ideal, strong candidates with other commodities will be considered
- Must understand the processes, cost drivers and reporting of underground and deep mines
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Americans encouraged to apply
- Permanent role
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.