Process Plant Superintendent (Mining / Iron Ore / Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering / Operations) – West Africa
Reference Number: 260 0611 MHU
Our client is currently seeking a Process Plant Superintendent for their operation in West Africa. The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting the plant manager all aspects of the process plant operation to satisfy the KPIs developed.
- Ensure that plant operations are manned with the numbers of employees equipped with the necessary experience, competence and skills required to achieve operating targets at all levels of the operating organization through effective recruiting;
- Develop the first line of supervision to understand roles & responsibilities, goals and objectives of the operation holding them accountable for the effective team management of the operators;
- Develop an effective training and mentoring program to develop junior operators in operating skills that would allow their promotion to more responsible positions;
- Manage the complement of operating employees in a manner that will meet production targets but also provide long term opportunities for nationals
- Work in conjunction with the metallurgists and assay lab when necessary to troubleshoot and optimize unit operations;
- Maintain a high standard of health, safety, environmental, and radiation compliance;
- Observe and comply with all statutory requirements.
- Act as Plant Manager when he is on R&R
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Extensive, varied, and long-term practical operations experience at similar or equivalent positions and responsibilities on crushing, screening, milling, gravity and magnetic concentration and filtration
- Iron ore experience essential
- Previous managerial experience
- Africa experience desirable
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat role with roster of 9/3
- Competitive USD salary package
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.