General Manager (mining / operations / openpit / hardrock / engineer) - Mpumalanga, South Africa
Reference Number: 9441311NDS
Our client has an opencast operation, producing mainly Nickel, Copper and Chrome for the export market. The mining operation is outsourced to a mining contractor with approximately 900 employees, whilst the owner employs approximately 600 employees. Situated in Mpumalanga, they are currently seeking an experienced General Manager to lead their mine operation
- Reporting to the Steering Committee of the Joint Venture, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring competence of teams responsible for signing off of Resources, Reserves & legal requirements.
- Manage and co-ordinate safety and wellness initiatives.
- Achieve production, safety and costs within the boundaries of the relevant Rules and Regulations.
- Provide overall strategic direction for all disciplines in line with the Company’s values and mission.
- Ensure that the agreed business strategic objectives are met timeously.
- Develop, present and manage the agreed business plan for the business.
- Ensure that relevant corporate governance and appropriate management systems are in place and continuously updated.
- Communicate, motivate and build relationships at all levels within the organisation and all stakeholders such as the surrounding communities.
- Optimize the business plan to ensure the overall success of the company.
- Optimal utilization of resources.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities for the business.
- Knowledge of all relevant legal requirements and compliance thereof.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives, projects and processes towards ensuring focused business growth and alignment with international standards and practices.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency.
- Fifteen years operational exposure to the Mining Industry with at least 5yrs Senior Management level.
- Hard rock Open Pit mining experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Open Pit Mining process and Life of Mining Cycle.
- Ability to manage mining execution against approved plans.
- Proven management skills across the entire value chain.
- Have knowledge and experience of Nickel and Base Metal commodities
- Knowledge and understanding of SAMREC resource and reserves declaration requirements.
- Ability to liaise with all stakeholders, including the local communities
- Medical Certificate of Fitness (“Red Ticket”)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Permanent position
- Market Related ZAR package on offer
- Open to all South African citizens and foreigners with work permits /residency in country
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.