Transport Planning Manager ( Logistics / Operations / Freight / Ocean and airfreight ) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: GAS0053
As a Transport Planning Manager, you will be responsible to oversee and manage all transport planning activities within the TMC, including general cargo as well as out-of-gauge and project business when required. You will also be responsible to make decisions which impact cost and service on a constant basis with minimal review and requires a broad range of knowledge of preferred lanes, rates, and equipment availability and quality sales and customer service skills are required in obtaining business and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Manage the teams of 6 to 7 persons in South Africa.
- Maintain communication with transport service providers to place transport orders, receive confirmation, monitor important milestones and make sure to respect the process in place to achieve the agreed targets.
- Plan and optimize multi-leg (e.g. ocean and airfreight) and multi-segment (e.g. stop-offs) shipments.
- Understand different planning techniques including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools.
- Develop new planning and optimization procedures for and with the team(s).
- Regional transport market knowledge including equipment, port and airport operations as well as relevant restrictions and regulations.
- Carrier and general cargo operating model knowledge.
- Know how to work with freight forwarders and transport providers.
- Ability to justify cost overruns when they occur.
- Support Accounts Payable for freight payment reconciliation.
- Maintain excellent relation with Internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics management
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as fleet provider personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of transportation rules and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience in working with advanced TMS platforms such as SAP, Oracle TM, JDA TMS, INET, etc. preferred.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency and business pressure.
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts.
- Ability to manage team based on objectives and key performance indicators.
- Planning (APICS, ELA or similar) Certification is desired but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in transport management or freight forwarding.
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.